1. Change Currency |
  2. |
  1. Fairtrade T-Shirts & Sweaters

Posted: November 16th 2017
    Posted by: ziminvader

Yes, i know everyone wants cheap and many T-Shirts and yeah I know most people don't give a s.... about fairtrade or environmentally friendly clothes.

But... what about the few people who give, who care? People who want to pay a little more for less things, who rate quality over quantity?

Maybe, just maybe there is a small chance of a possibility to create a category for those folks. I really like the creative styles of the prints, I bought some shirts too and I would like to buy an ugly sweater for christmas....

But it bothers me that I can only buy these great prints on cheap t-shirts that are (mostly) produced under awful conditions and shipped around the globe (to create tons of co2) before they get a nice and outstanding image.

So I would be very happy if in near future there could a category of fairtrade cotton shirts and sweaters. Do something remarkable, show that you care. I thinks you will get quite more customers to enjoy your great work.

Thanks for your patience.

2. Posted: November 21st 2017
    Posted by: LadyNyan

I think it's a great idea !

3. Posted: November 28th 2017
    Posted by: Athanos

I agree too! By the way, what is Qwertee policy regarding the quality of the t-shirts? Where do they come from? How do they control the way they are being made? I could accept to pay more (20€ a tshirt maybe?) if for sure I knew that everything was granted all the way from cotton labor to manufacturing!

4. Posted: May 31st 2018
    Posted by: Maliro

So true. I love Qwertee' designs and bought several of them. But I do not do it anymore because of that. If Qwertee launched a more ethical category, I'd love to keep on renewing my wardrobe!

5. Posted: August 1st 2018
    Posted by: lobosysangrin

I agree ! I'm ok to pay more for organic and fairtrade tee shirts

6. Posted: August 10th 2018
    Posted by: makeena

@Athanos Since the question is still unanswered on here: The basic product they use for the vast majority of the designs (except the rare non-plain colors and some of the 3xl shirts i think) are gildan® softstyle ring spun tees. They are spread widely around Europe so you should be able to find information on them. All I can say is that they produced in Bangladesh.

(And obviously they are printed in Ireland by Qwertee themselves)

7. Posted: August 10th 2018
    Posted by: makeena

Aaah and for the fairtrade stuff... I guess this world is not ready for that. I think there has only been one tee brand that was selling true 100% fair shirts. And they were top premium quality as well. Sadly this company, which went under the name Switcher, went bankrupt lately. No need to ask why...

8. Posted: August 14th 2018
    Posted by: Mindfreezer

I'd also easily be ready to pay more for a fairtrade shirt. Less Nicaragua / Bangladesh, more vegan production.

Show full version